Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

update to 1.38de

Hello, Right now I am using zencart 1.37de and I would like to update to 1.38de. How I should proceed? I am using also some additional modules like: HoverBox3, stock by attributes, image-handler. What is the best solution for me? My site is: www.coga.at Thank you in advance for help.
    Arcicorci

any idea how I should proceed?

Kommentar

Hi,
      As you are using Stock by attributes and Image Handler I'd suggest that you wait with the upgrade. We will release new versions of these modules for 1.3.8 in the next weeks.
      But you can already prepare your upgrade, I recommend the following steps:
      1) Make sure that you have PHP5 and MySQL5 available, this is a must for 1.3.8
      2) Create a new database and a new directory on your server. You will need a test installation to prepare your upgrade
      3) Take a SQL Dump of your current 1.3.7 database. The most important change in 1.3.8de is that is completely utf-8, so you have to take care of the german umlauts.
      In the dump replace all iso encoded Umlauts with normal ones. An ö has to be an ö and nothing else. An ü has to be an ü and so on.
      After the changes save the dump in format utf-8 without BOM. Notepad++ or UltraEdit are fine text editors for such operations. Import the dump into your new database.
      4) Download 1.3.8
      5) Now you have to take care of umlauts in the german language files as well. If you had made changes in your 1.3.7 language files - and I'm quite sure you did you will lose these changes when overwriting them with the original 1.3.8 files. On the other hand you can only use utf-8 encoded german language files in 1.3.8. So you have to merge your special language definitions in your 1.3.7 in the new 1.3.8 files (included/languages/german). Winmerge is a handy tool for such operations. Make sure that you save again in utf-8 without BOM after your changes.
      5) Now you can test the upgrade. Copy your 1.3.7 to the new subdirectory and modify the two configure.php according to the new database and paths.
      Then upload your prepared 1.3.8 files over and run zc_install.
      6) Test if umlauts and other things are fine.
      7) There have been some changes in the login templates in 1.3.8 so you have to modify some of your custom templates as well by merging the changes.
      Now you have to upgrade all custom modules (e.g. Stock by attributes) to new 1.3.8 compatible versions.
      Some work to do to prepare for a smooth upgrade But it will be worth it
      Cheers
      webchills

Kommentar

Thank you.
        As usually I can only count on you . It seams to be that during my Christmas I will have a lot things to do.

Thanks a lot.
        Artur

Kommentar

Stock by attributes for 1.3.8

Zitat von webchills Beitrag anzeigen
          Hi,
          As you are using Stock by attributes and Image Handler I'd suggest that you wait with the upgrade. We will release new versions of these modules for 1.3.8 in the next weeks.
          Hello webchills,

Can you tell me when this module will be released for ZenCart 1.38 de?

Kind regards
          Arcicorci

Kommentar

The new version is almost ready. Still some things to add in the documentation, but its fully functional. The current version is attached. We will add it to the downloads after some few test more. Please post any bugs you may find.

Kommentar

Info zu diesem Forenarchiv:
            Mit Release von 1.5.7 wurde die deutsche Zen Cart Version auf eine reine DIY-Lösung umgestellt.
            Für einen Support via Forum stehen keine personellen und zeitlichen Ressourcen mehr zur Verfügung.
            Dieses Supportforum bleibt im Nur-Lesen-Modus als Wissensarchiv noch online verfügbar.
            PM Funktionalität, Registrierung und Posten neuer Beiträge sind deaktiviert.
            Zugriff auf Anhänge in den Postings ist auch ohne Registrierung/Einloggen möglich.
            FAQ und Downloadbereich des Forums wurden in die neue umfangreiche Knowledgebase auf der zen-cart-pro.at Website übernommen.

Das Development der deutschen Zen Cart Version geht wie bisher auf Github weiter.
            Wir werden auch weiterhin neue Versionen bereitstellen und die Onlinedokumentation/Knowledgebase aktualisieren.
            Fehler in der Software können auf Github als Issues gemeldet werden.
            Follow us
            aktuelle version
            Zen Cart 1.5.7h deutsch
            vom 15.04.2024
            [Download]
            Lädt...
            X